Sunday, January 20, 2013






One of my resolutions was to find one new recipe a week and go to town in the kitchen. Following a new recipe, gathering the ingredients and preparing the food takes a little more time than I'm use to when my traditional college meal calls, but I finally found an afternoon to knock week ones' new recipe out of the way and in the end it was quicker than expected. 

Not sure if Quinoa is a some new fad, but I've recently found it to be one of my favorite lunch time meals as it seems to be featured on every menu I read. While stumbling through one of my new favorite blogs, 101 cookbooks, "Heather's Quinoa" caught my eye and I figured if I could cook rice, Quinoa can't be too challenging either.

I read the ingredients and realized 1. I had never cooked quinoa....and 2. I had never had tofu. Two new ingredients I was excited to throw in the mix. Overall, the prep time and actual cooking period was around 45 minutes - perfect amount of time for my impatient self to handle. 

Here's a little taste of what's inside:


a splash of extra-virgin olive oil

a pinch of fine grain sea salt
1 shallot, minced
3 cups cooked quinoa* (or brown rice, or other grain)
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 cups kale, spinach or other hearty green, finely chopped
2 cups extra-firm nigari tofu, browned in a skillet a bit
1/3 cup pesto
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
1/4 cup roasted cherry tomatoes** (or chopped sun-dried tomatoes)


For the full recipe visit: www.101cookbooks.com 

1 comment:

  1. He now clips his nose hairs, trims his pubic hair and tweezes the
    hair growing out of his ears. Search out God for your life
    in everything that you do. The scratching, however, causes wounds
    and never alleviates the itch.

    Here is my web-site; Telefonsex

    ReplyDelete