Monday, July 23, 2012





Sometimes you become absolutely smitten with particular designers and it's hard to say exactly why. Whether it be the materials used, sentimental meaning behind who made it or simply because it goes with your most prized pieces of clothing, there is a magic fix that gets me hooked. 


As a style editor for Diablo Magazine, I took on a project to interview jewelry designer, Marisa Haskell. I don't want to spoil too much of it, but what I can share is that this very down to earth and stylish women, has some badass upcoming projects.
Haskell jumped into designing jewelry full time last year after Planet Blue started to sell her handcrafted masterpieces. From there Free People and Saks Fifth, to name a few, quickly starting swooning just as 
hard. 
I visited Haskell in Oakland at her studio and the navajo inspired jewelry, which were embellished with turquoise, leather and handcrafted metals hung on the walls and automatically had me hooked. Being that I wanted everything she handcrafted and altered to a perfection, it was kinda an obligatory sign that I must MUST share. 



Head over to Diablo Mag's website next week and check out the interview with Haskell. Find out what she has coming up, how she got her start and an east bay pizza joint you MUST try.

1 comment: