Wednesday, January 11, 2012













Maxi Dress: Target / Sweater: Forever21 / Gold Braided Bracelet: Loehmans / Belt Buckle Bracelet: Mexico / Prayer Bead Bracelet: Handmade / All others: H&M / Sunglasses: Ray Ban / Belt: Vintage /  Shoes: Steve Madden 













My roommate decided to strut her stuff in this ridiculously comfortable maxi dress that I knew I was going to be stealing within the next couple days of her wearing it. It's something about those nautical stripes that caught my eye and after realizing this multifaceted number could be tied and even covered in numerous ways, I took it on as a challenge to leave the house not looking like I completely stole her look. Alright so here it is... after coming to the conclusion that my 5'2 self is too short for this floor length number, I threw on the extra five inch Steve Maddens and tied the maxi up for a mid calf skirt look. And considering we are dealing with winter, or whatever you call this San Diego December, I needed a little somethin somethin to cover up the whole bare arm thing. Even though the Forever21 knit sweater probably had a couple hundred wholes, it made do for a day to the farmers market and I walked away with an amazing Organic Smoothie ( Raw & Living greens and fruits?) Much better than it sounds!  


15 comments:

  1. I love your style! You are so pretty! Great styling. I love that you knotted and belted your maxi dress! I'm following you now!

    Rhe
    rhestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit!I just discovered your blog! and I must say that I really like! I love your style, compliment is very special and inspirational! if you golook at my blog there is also a giveaway:http://therightmixoffashion.blogspot.com/2011/12/fimo-earrings-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit! Love your blog! Following you now.

    x Alexa

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! Love what you did to the maxi dress and how you paired it with the sweater. A boho-chic outfit and I am officially in love! Your header is great too
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment.I am loving your blog and style girl! Definitely following on GFC and bloglovin :) hope we can follow each other!
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. i seriously love the dress and the sweater. these photos are amazing, looks straight out of a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweety! I love your blog so I've called you one of my favourite bloggers for the Liebster Award!!!

    Visit my blog and take a look!

    I hope you're glad for this!

    Kisses!

    Vicky
    lamaletadeolivia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so so so excited I just found your blog! you are just so adorable!!! I love your relaxed sense of chic style - very inspirational :)

    http://www.brightontheday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! I love how you tied up the maxi dress at the bottom, very inventive :) I love your blog, I'm now following

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an amazing outfit!!
    great sense of style!
    i'm following, u follow back? :D

    comment my new post?
    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your outfit, especially the dress and sweater! The way you styled it is so amazing! Love you blog and now following, maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous look babe! i love how you knotted your maxi at the bottom :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures and great outfit! Really liked the way you wore the dress.
    Loved the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love EVERYTHING about this outfit. I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to let you know I love it! I've literally lost the past 30 minutes looking through your posts... You have a new follower :D

    Cat xxx
    http://www.takecourageblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That skirt is definitely worth stealing! ;P It's so adorable, and I love the tied off knot detail! (did you tie it yourself, or is it designed like that?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tied it myself! So much fun to do with any maxi dress or long skirt. Completely transforms the look! Thanks for the feedback loves. Following back:)

    ReplyDelete